A good header radiates a type of positivity that leaves every viewer feeling attracted to the information below it. More importantly, it can give off a kind of look that leaves men and women thinking they are dealing with a professional no matter what niche they are in. So in other words, a header is very much like a picture in the sense that it can inspire nearly a thousand words and those words can be either positive or negative depending on the product that the viewer is looking at.
With that in mind,let’s go over the list of seven tips to make any header work with you and keep the number of positive words growing on a daily basis.
1. Great graphics are essential. Think about what a visitor on your site wants and why they would spend their time on your site. Is it money, food, life advice, etc…? Once you answer that question, you can begin looking for graphics that demonstrate the benefit of the advantages you have to offer. For example, if you are all about baking the best cookies use the most vivid picture that leaves everyone both hungry and curious. The same principle applies for every skill set. However, the vision is very different from person-to-person.
For example, if you are offering advice for attracting a larger audience the precise image becomes much harder to spot. Do you use a picture of a bunch of cars or do you use some diagram where people are communicating and actively thinking of plans? The best strategy for finding the perfect image in this type of situation is to just ask several people that you trust to give you an honest answer.
2. Now that you have the right idea or vision you are definitely on the track. However, you have to find the right talent that will work with you to bring that image to life, which means you must find a graphic artist that you trust. The best way to get this done quickly is to check their portfolios, make the order very precise, and go ahead and pay the designer a couple hundred to get it done. The investment might seem rather large, but that image can make millions if it is done right.
3. The headline gets lost. Do not let the website name and top-of-the-line graphic distract you or let you cut corners on the headline or slogan. It is just as important because it tells viewers what you are all about and inspires the same amount of trust and curiosity as everything else. Spend just as much time and think about what the business stands for and what will pull people in no matter what.
4. Best keywords go in the header. As previously mentioned the header requires just as much work as everything else so you should at least try to get one keyword in the header, but the more, the merrier applies when it comes to keywords in the header. Try to grab their attention as fast as possible and do whatever it takes to inspire them to engage with your website and begin exploring further.
5. Uniformity between the site and the header. It is amazing how many websites fail to make the header follow the same guidelines as the site. Think about how annoying it is when you look at different types of font and several colors around one another. That is what happens when a person visits a site and sees 3 or 4 different colors all around one another and so many different types of font that reading is a real hassle. All the header has to do is use the same font as the website and follow the same color pattern.
6. Credibility in the header. People will run away from your site as quickly as they can if you make claims in the header that are completely false. For example, claiming to be the leading authority on time travel when you are not even close is a major problem that completely ruins all credibility and leaves everyone putting up their guard and looking for reasons not to like you, which is exactly the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish with your header.
7. A simple animation with a powerful result. You do not have to toss out one of the ridiculously flashy animations. A little movement to catch the viewer’s attention and inspire some further exploration is the goal.
Leave a Reply