Everywhere you look, you will see people who are miserably stumbling through each workday. The question that you need to ask yourself is “am I one of those individuals?” If you answer yes to that question, then you need to delve a little deeper and ask yourself why you are unhappy. It might be because you are unsatisfied with your current level of success or that you feel unappreciated by your colleagues.
1. Focus your business on YOUR passion: If you end up crafting an online business that revolves around a particular niche that you are not interested in, then you will certainly feel unhappy. Even if this particular niche has the potential to make you quite a bit of money you are still better off staying true to yourself and investing in a subject that you actually love to be a part of.
2. Set a deadline for leaving: If you know the exact date that you plan on leaving your job you can count down the days and act accordingly. Additionally, you will be able to feel so much better when looking back because you will know that you made the best decisions in your last couple days.
3. Find an accountability partner: The word “partner” does not mean this person has to be your spouse. It could be another hard working individual that just knows how to keep you on-track and moving toward your goals. When you know you must answer to a person you are likely going to work harder. In addition to that, you are going to remove some of the stress because you are no longer the only person keeping track of what needs to be done every minute of every day.
4. Don’t get discouraged by others: Remember, you have complete control over your life, and you are the one who has to be accountable for the overall choices you make. So essentially this means that you should not give a hoot about negative opinions that may come from those closest to you (friends, neighbors, or even family).
5. Build that network: There is nothing worse than launching a new product and having to continuously hunt down people to promote it. This is precisely why you need to find the movers and shakers of your particular niche. Befriend them and scratch their back. Then call upon them whenever you need some help or if you need attention to one of your new products.
6. Put finances first: Obviously, you are not going to be able to make a million dollars right away, which is why you must prioritize your finances before you begin your business journey. All this means is that you need to pay your bills, create a budget, and wisely spend your hard-earned dollars.
7. Appreciate the baby steps: I am not saying to act slowly or to not shoot for the stars. By saying baby steps, I am implying that it is better to take small steps each and every day than to jump around and follow a hit or miss ideology of business. The best way to do this is to create a plan. Make it action based! Additionally, make sure that the plan covers everything from the most obvious things in the beginning to the complex aspects at the end. The more thorough the plan, the better. Once the plan is constructed you can start at step 1 and work, work, work until you get to the last step.
8. The power of daily goals: The first thing you should do every day is write down what you want to get done for that day. The goals should, for the most part, include everything. This means you should include the smallest little goals to the big goals. Remember to make those “big goals” big. By doing this, you will increase your success rate.
9. The perks are a sham: I cannot tell you to quit your current job. That is something you will certainly have to decide for yourself. However, I must point out that an annual salary that is close to 6-figures gives you the freedom to purchase your own insurance and provide all the extra perks that your job provided. In most cases, those so-called “perks” are either regulated by law or given out as a means of compensation for your daily contributions, which are not met with a higher salary.
10. Make motivation a day-to-day exercise: Your doctor will tell you that you should exercise every day. That is indeed a good habit, however, incorporating motivational exercises into your day-to-day routine can turn out to be a wiser investment overall. For example, if you meditate about the success that you feel is present in your future, read motivation materials, and think about all the perks of success each day you will truly be ready to take the bull by the horns each and every day.
11. Bring your spouse aboard (gain their support): It is already an extremely difficult task to start your own business mainly because of the uncertainty and risk, which relies heavily upon your self-confidence. When you add a disapproving spouse who constantly says “you are wasting your time” to the mix, then the day-to-day responsibilities become even more of a hassle and the overall odds of succeeding become even longer.
Leave a Reply